Want to start making ad revenue with your site but not sure whether to go with Ezoic vs. Adsense? Find out which is better now.
As a new blogger with less than 10,000 page views (or an established one with more), you may be considering Ezoic vs. Adsense to start making money on your blog with ads.
Although Adsense is the more popular choice for many bloggers, Ezoic has a multitude of benefits from optimized ads with the use of advanced AI technology to a higher monthly payout.
In this post, you’ll find out in detail why Ezoic is better than Adsense and what Ezoic requirements are to get into their program.
Please note that this is a reader-supported site.
Purchases made through genuinely recommended links may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
The Basics – How do you make money with Ezoic and Adsense?
Ever go to a blog and see ads sprinkled throughout a page as you scroll? Those ads are placed there by an advertising network so that the blog owner can make money.
Ezoic and Adsense are two advertising networks that you can do this with.
Basically, you’d sign up to either or and through the back end of your blog, which is why self-hosting is so important, ads are automatically added to your blog. Then you make money when:
- Every time an ad is viewed with Ezoic.
- Every time an ad is clicked on with Google AdSense.
This is just one of many differences between Ezoic and AdSense. The next section talks about the most important ones.
Ezoic vs. AdSense – Is Ezoic better than AdSense?
Is Ezoic better than AdSense?
In short, yes! Ezoic is way better than AdSense. Here’s why:
- You can make more money with Ezoic than with AdSense.
- If you have less than 10,000 monthly page views, Ezoic still gives you access to high-quality ad partners and tools to better run your blog.
- Ezoic helps with SEO (search engine optimization), which helps you rank better in Google, get more page views, and as a result, make even more money.
Let’s talk about these benefits in detail.
Ezoic Earnings vs. AdSense’s
Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner. In Google’s Partner Spotlight of Ezoic, they showed three case studies in which websites revenues increased dramatically by using Ezoic:
- SimplyPsychology.org increased their revenue by 400%
- AskDaveTaylor.com increased their revenue by 89%
- Perfect-English-Grammer.com increased their revenue by 43%
Basically, you make more money with Ezoic than AdSense.
There are two main reasons for higher earnings on Ezoic vs AdSense:
- Ezoic’s AI (artificial intelligence) is always testing the best place to put ads on your site and optimizes each visit. This results in higher revenue and a better user experience for your readers too!
- Ezoic has a higher earnings rate than AdSense so you get paid more overall. Learn how much you can expect to make with Ezoic below here.
Even though Ezoic generally has higher earnings, what’s really cool about them is that they still work closely with 1,500+ advertisers and ad partners within Google AdExchange. That way you can get the highest bids on your ad whether it’s through Ezoic or AdSense.
Basically, through Ezoic’s Ad Meditation, even though it’s not necessary, you can link your AdSense account to your Ezoic account. Then if an ad partner gives you a higher bid via Google AdSense, then Ezoic will dispaly the Google ad over the Ezoic ad. How helpful is that?
Ezoic Access Now (for blogs with less than 10,000 page views)
Previously to get into Ezoic’s advertising network, you needed to have 10,000 page views, but with their recent addition of the Access Now program, you can apply with any number of page views (although 500-1,000 page views is more ideal).
Even with a small website, Ezoic gives you access to:
- high-quality ad partners,
- advanced AI technology,
- active support in getting your blog set up,
- and tons of monetization, site speed and SEO tools to help you run your site better.
In fact, Ezoic is the only advertising network that works with small websites in this manner! Google AdSense definitely does not give you this type of access and support.
Learn more about Access Now here.
An amazing tool that Ezoic provides that Google Adsense doesn’t is Ezoic LEAP.
What it basically does is give you optimization features and diagnostics on your blog so that it can pass Core Web Vitals.
Core Web Vitals, which became a key part of Google’s algorithm update in June 2021, takes in consideration the speed of your blog, responsiveness and other factors that help developers understand how your readers experience your site.
This has an impact on your SEO ranking, which impacts your page views, and as a result, your revenue.
Ezoic LEAP helps you optimize your site so that you pass Google’s Core Web Vitals.
In short, you can expect a faster website with better user experience to make your readers happier!
Learn more about Ezoic LEAP here.
Expected Earnings – How much does Ezoic pay per click?
Unlike Google AdSense, which pays you per click, Ezoic actually pays you every time a reader sees an ad on your site.
Your earnings rate is better known as EPVM (earnings per thousand visitors), which is how much money you earn for every 1,000 visits to your website.
It can be impacted by a ton of factors, which includes but are not limited to your niche, time of year, page views, bounce rate of each landing page, type of ad, bidding parameters of the ad, connection speed and much more.
Nonetheless, since you’re probably more curious about a solid monthly figure, Ezoic’s site mentions sites with less than 10,000 page views on the Access Now program on average make:
- $65/month in month 3
- $106/month in month 6
- $219/month in month 9
Sites with more than 10,000 page views in the Levels program can make anywhere from $200 to $200,000+ a month. This is a wide range, I know, but Ezoic does work with sites of all sizes and there are some high traffic domains that have massive monthly earnings!
Whether you’re in the Access Now or Levels program, the longer you’re with Ezoic, the more money you can make as its AI gets to know your blog and readers better.
In contrast, if you’re using Google AdSense, you’ll need tens of thousands of page views a month to even make $100!
Ezoic Requirements – How do you qualify for Ezoic?
Now that you can apply to Ezoic with less than 10,000 page views*, Ezoic requirements have gotten easier. Nonetheless, there’s a few other requirements you’ll have to keep in mind:
- Although you don’t need to be approved by AdSense, you do need to be in compliance with their policy. Basically your content should be original, of quality and add value to the reader.
- Traffic needs to be authentic and human.
- You can’t have content from Google’s prohibited list and overall be in compliance with Google Publisher Policies.
- Your blog should be in an AdSense supported language.
- Content should not be locked.
- Your blog has a menu or navigation bar.
*Even though anyone can apply, it’s ideal to have 500-1,000 page views a month.
Get Started – What are the steps to get Ezoic ads on my blog?
If you have less than 10,000 page views, you’ll want to apply to the Access Now program and take the Essentials Course to get fully set up in 15 minutes.
If you have more than 10,000 page views, you’ll want to apply to the Levels program and follow the steps on their site!
Start making ad revenue from your blog today with Ezoic by signing up here.
Want to learn more? You can find more helpful blog posts here, get consistent page views to your blog with my SEO course, or follow me on social media to get daily tips:
- TikTok for blogging + social tips @sarah.chetrit
- Facebook Group to ask me anything Blog and Make Money
- Instagram for travel, blogging and Korean food @sarchetrit
Until next time,
Sunday 5th of March 2023
Not only your content, I'm even more impressed with your blogging skills. This blog post helped me so much to understand so many things in a clear way. TYSM!
Thursday 23rd of February 2023
I am not sure what to do. I have been using Adsense on my website www.infinityfolder.com and I am not seeing any improvement in earnings. I have been contacted by Ezoic representatives to try them.
Can you tell me if I try ezoic for a couple of months, will it affect adsense approval? Will I be needing to get my site approved again or not?