I’ve been part of the Walmart Creator program since October 2022. Here’s how to make money with it and my 3 best tips for success!
If you want to make money with your social media, then you’ll want to sign up for the Walmart Creator program.
It is truly unlike any other creator platform I’ve used and made money with in the past 7 years that I’ve been an influencer/creator/blogger.
There’s multiple things that set the Walmart Creator program apart from other affiliate, influencer and campaign platforms I’ve used, which you’ll find out below, but what sets it apart the most is the support you get from other creators to grow your social media and make money.
Whether you’re just starting out on social media or you’re an established creator with over 100,000 followers, the Walmart Creator welcomes anyone and everyone (based in the United States) to monetize with them.
Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the Walmart Creator program.
Already convinced that you want to sign up for the Walmart Creator program? Go ahead at WalmartCreator.com and let them know that Sarah Chetrit referred you!
This post was written in collaboration with Walmart after getting first hand experience with it. All opinions and insight are my own.
What is the Walmart Creator program?
The Walmart Creator program is a new platform that Walmart put out to help creators monetize their social media accounts. Walmart’s belief is that anyone can be a creator that makes money and thus provides a platform that democratizes the tools and resources for a creator to succeed.
What this means for a creator specifically is that the Walmart Creator platform is someplace they can go to promote tens of thousands of products from Walmart and make money by doing so. A creator can also learn how to grow and monetize their social media account from other creators like themself.
Why sign up for the Walmart Creator program?
As I mentioned earlier, the Walmart Creator program is unlike any other affiliate, influencer or sponsorship campaign I’ve used in the past 7 years of being an influencer/creator/blogger.
What differentiates this platform is that it’s:
- part an affiliate marketing platform,
- part a platform where a creator can get campaigns and
- part a helpful resource for creators to learn how to grow and monetize their account (found in the Influencer Resource Center).
The Influencer Resource Center will guide you on growing and monetizing your social media so that making affiliate commission and taking part in campaigns will be easier for you!
In addition, based on Walmart’s belief that anyone can be a creator and monetize their social media account, what also differentiates this platform is that you can sign up for the program whether you have zero followers or 100,000+.
Yup, you heard right. Unlike other platforms there is no minimum number of followers to apply. You do have to have a public profile and be located in the US.
You can sign up for this program at WalmartCreator.com and let them know that Sarah Chetrit referred you!
How do you make money with the Walmart Creator program?
There are two main ways to make money with the Walmart Creator program: affiliate marketing and campaigns. Here’s a detailed explanation of how this works within the platform.
Affiliate marketing specifically in terms of the Walmart Creator program is when a creator promotes a product that Walmart sells and receives commission on it when their follower uses the creator’s link to buy the product or other products through Walmart’s website.
Here’s how it would specifically work for you. Let’s use an air fryer as an example!
- You bought an air fryer from Walmart that you absolutely love and would definitely encourage your foodie followers to get as well so they can make the same recipes as you.
- You find this air fryer on Walmart.com and copy and paste it into the link section on WalmartCreator.com.
- WalmartCreator.com creates a specific tracking link that lets Walmart.com know that anyone who uses this link found their way to Walmart.com through you, and as a result, will be able to give you commission if a purchase is made through your link.
- You post about this air fryer on social media and tell your followers to use your link to get one for themselves. Alternatively you can send this link to family and friends as well.
- Your follower uses your link to purchase the air fryer or goes on Walmart.com, checks out other products and buys something else.
- As long as your follower makes a purchase within 14 days of clicking on your link (aka the referral window), Walmart will pay you 1-18% commission on their purchases.
- Walmart is able to tell that a follower made a purchase within the referral window through cookies, which is data that’s sent to your web browser like Safari or Google to make your online browsing experience easier).
- Walmart currently pays you 1-18% commission depending on the category of items sold (as of December 7, 2022. Rates are subject to change at any time). You’ll find the commission rates under Settings –> Master Agreement.
- Note that there are certain categories, which you won’t get commission on for promoting. Head to the Tips for Success section to learn which categories you’ll want to promote to make the most money!
And voila– that’s how you make money promoting an air fryer from Walmart with the Walmart Creator program.
- If you want to personally ask me more about how this works, comment on this TikTok video or on this Instagram video.
- Already convinced that you want to sign up for the Walmart Creator program? Go ahead at WalmartCreator.com and let them know that Sarah Chetrit referred you!
Another way to make money through the Walmart Creator program is through campaigns.
Campaigns are paid partnerships or sponsorships, which means that Walmart will pay you money to promote a product.
You’ll get campaigns based on your success with their affiliate marketing program so make sure to check out the following section to learn how to be successful as a Walmart Creator.
3 Tips for Success as a Walmart Creator
1. Promote Items With The Highest Commission
To make the maximum amount of money as a Walmart Creator, you’ll want to promote products with the highest commission.
You can find which products/categories have the highest commission by going WalmartCreator.com –> Settings –> Master Agreement. As of right now, they include categories such as Home Decor, Beauty Products, Apparel and more.
Of course, this comes with a caveat.
If there are no products with a high commission that aligns with your audience, then don’t force it just for money. Because if your audience doesn’t relate to these products or it doesn’t fall within your niche, chances are that then no one will click your link and your links and social posts won’t convert to sales. Stay focused on what your audience likes so none of your effort goes wasted.
2. See What Converts Well With Other Creators
Unlike any other platform I’ve used, Walmart really wants to help you make money. There’s no need to guess what will do well on social media as Walmart tells you exactly what products are converting well with other creators.
As long as it falls within your niche, check out the Popular Products section on the Walmart Creator platform to find products that other creators’ followers have purchased before.
3. Use the Influencer Resource Center
The Influencer Resource Center is full of information that’ll help you grow and monetize your account. Definitely check this section out as soon as you get accepted into the program and as you grow.
You’ll learn how to extend your organic reach, what the best tools to create content are, how to measure engagement and so much more.
Sign up for WalmartCreator.com to get access to this resource center
and let them know that Sarah Chetrit referred you!
Frequently Asked Questions About the Walmart Creator Program
What is a Walmart Creator?
A Walmart Creator is a creator who’s signed up with the new Walmart Creator program, which launched its beta version in the fall of 2022. A Walmart Creator monetizes their social media platforms by promoting Walmart products and receiving commission from Walmart.
What is a Walmart Influencer?
A Walmart Influencer is an influencer who has paid sponsorships or campaigns with Walmart through various platforms. One platform that a creator can be a Walmart Influencer is the Walmart Creator program, which offers opportunities for campaigns if affiliate sales do well.
I already applied but haven’t heard back yet. When will I get accepted into the Walmart Creator program?
The Walmart Creator program is still in beta (as of November 2022). They are hoping to get everyone accepted by early 2023 so stay tuned!
Yes of course. Unlike other affiliate marketing platforms, there is no minimum follower count to apply. That way, you can start out by promoting products to your friends and family as well.
What are the requirements to apply?
You have to be based in the US and at least 18 years of age to apply.
How exactly do you make money with this program?
You’re basically like a salesperson for Walmart and make commission by promoting their products. Check out this section for a detailed rundown of how this works.
How do I sign up as a Walmart Creator?
To sign up a Walmart Creator, simply:
- head to WalmartCreator.com
- and let them know that I, Sarah Chetrit, referred you!
Have any more questions about this program?
- TikTok for blogging + social tips @sarah.chetrit
- Facebook Group to ask me anything Blog and Make Money
- Instagram for travel, blogging and Korean food @sarchetrit
Until next time,